Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Surprise!


Guess what I woke up to this morning?!


No, not the half-dead plants in my sadly neglected backyard.  Silly!  RAIN!  A glorious, rushing gully-washer complete with occasional thunder and lightning for ambiance. 

For those of you who weren't aware, southeast Texas has had a seriously dry Spring/Summer.  I don't know the actual statistics, but in the twenty-two years that I've lived here, I can't seem to recall a drought this bad or one that has lasted so long.

After a few months without any real rain and (as if to add insult to injury) near-record high temps for May and June, I swear my soul was beginning to feel as dried up and parched as those pathetic sago palms!



After an hour or so of sitting over coffee and just enjoying the sound of the rain plips, and with temperatures hovering around 70 blessedly cool degrees, I was overcome with an urge to pop outside and snap a few pics with my new-to-me camera (inherited when the Hubs got a snazzy new one for Father's Day).  So I rousted the girl out of bed and dragged her and Hubby into the mommy-mobile to capture "just a few rain shots for my blog!"  Yes, life with me is... an adventure.  No, really, they were great about it.  Hubs even took the pictures since my driver's side window doesn't work. :(   He is an artiste, is he not?



Rest Easy: No innocent family members were subjected to actual rain for the shooting of this post.

The rest of the day the Pea and I just plan to watch movies, read books, play games, put together a puzzle and pretend it's Fall with hot chocolate and snacks! (Fall? What is Fall?  We don't have Fall here, but I can dream, can't I?) 

Stay tuned for some actual project posts within the next day or two. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment